The Process Dynamics and Operations Group is looking for a new colleague for participation in an exciting new project in the research consortium "Mixed Reality for Business (MR4B)". At TU Berlin various application scenarios for Mixed Reality in chemical process engineering will be investigated: Mixed-Reality for Design of chemical plants, to speedily evaluate design alternatives, or for operation and maintenance, to continuously support personnel in hazardous environments. For this, Mixed Reality solutions will be developed and connected to CAE / CAD tools, process control systems, IoT devices, and much more. Together with partners, a MR data hub will be built to connect the various data domains as well as implement MR prototypes and evaluate them in real-life scenarios.
The following specific tasks need to be tackled to this end:
- Connection of data sources and sinks in process engineering (CAE, CAD, IoT, process control and automation systems) to Mixed Reality platforms.
- Conceptualization and implementation of a communication server for MR data exchange in industry based on norms and standards.
- Formulation of templates, example scenarios, persona for the transferability to other application scenarios
For more information on the job or for general information about the chair please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
. Further information on the department you can find at tu.berlin/dbta.
The department is based in chemical engineering, but candidates from other engineering disciplines or backgrounds are always welcome. Regarding the described position, we are interested in colleagues with the following qualifications and interests:
- Successfully completed university degree (Master, Diplom or equivalent) in a suitable discipline (Computational Engineering Science, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering or similar) is a must.
- We are a very international team. Hence, language skills in English are always of help and we expect you to be willing to learn German.
- Required is basic knowledge in computer science as well as ontologies.
- Autonomous, well organized applicants are preferred.
- Ideally you have prior experience with structuring and modeling engineering data.
Please send your application with the reference number
and the usual documents (CV, records/grades, application letter, all combined in a single pdf file, max. 5 MB) by email to Prof. Dr. Repke (email@example.com).
By submitting your application via email you consent to having your data electronically processed and saved. Please note that we do not provide a guaranty for the protection of your personal data when submitted as unprotected file. Please find our data protection notice acc. DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) at the TU staff department homepage: https://www.abt2-t.tu-berlin.de/menue/themen_a_z/datenschutzerklaerung/
or quick access 214041.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.
Technische Universität Berlin - Die Präsidentin - , Fakultät III, Institut für Prozess- und Verfahrenstechnik, FG Dynamik und Betrieb technischer Anlagen, Prof. Dr. Repke, Sekr. KWT 9, Straße des 17. Juni 135, 10623 Berlin