Fraunhofer-Institut für Organische Elektronik, Elektronenstrahl- und Plasmatechnik FEP
The Fraunhofer Institute for Organic Electronics, Electron Beam and Plasma Technology FEP is located in Dresden and focuses on developing innovative solutions, technologies and processes for surface modification and organic electronics. For the development of solutions for various industrial tasks in surface treatment, vacuum coating and for organic semiconductors we use our core competencies in electron beam technology, roll-to-roll technology, plasma-activated large-area and precision coating, technologies for organic electronics, IC design and the development of technological key components.
The division Microdisplays & Sensors of Fraunhofer FEP is developing processes, components and applications based on OLED-on-Silicon technology. This competence is served by long-term R&D on organic light-emitting diodes (OLED) and organic photo-diodes incorporating various materials and designs as well as characterization of customer-specific components and systems. That involves mixed-signal CMOS ASIC design, sensor integration as well as electronics, software and optics design and their system integration.
PCB design, microelectronics or system design is your topic?
To support our team, we are looking for students who are interested in an internship or a position as a student assistant at our Location Maria-Reiche-Str. in Dresden-Klotzsche as soon as possible.
OLED microdisplays and sensors require extensive characterization of lifetime. This topic is dealing with accelerated testing methods which will should be used for extrapolation and modelling of lifetime under certain product conditions and applications.
This includes the following main steps:
- Understanding of application specific constraints,
- Literature study on suitable accelerated testing methods and standards,
- Concepts and definition of required test scenarios,
- Implementation of experiments,
- Data analysis and lifetime modelling.
This recruitment is intended for students in electrical engineering (microelectronics, information technology), physics or similar programs.
- Good knowledge in testing with special focus on lifetime characterization as well as a general technical understanding for measuring technologies is required.
- Good English skills are required
- German skills is highly appreciated.
This topic can also be extended to a thesis. Anyway an initial phase of at least 3 months of student employment or internship is required before starting a thesis at Fraunhofer FEP to check general match of topic and applicant.
What we offer:
- Insight into one of the world’s leading research companies,
- Collaboration on innovative research projects in the field of microdisplays and sensor technology in an interdisciplinary team,
- Expansion of theoretical study knowledge through practical application,
- Close supervision during familiarisation with the subject matter by scientific / long-term staff as well as highly motivated trainee staff,
- A modern and internationally oriented working environment,
- Flexible working hours to create a work-life balance and, if necessary, adapt to the semester schedule,
- Opportunities for professional and personal development,
- Possibility of writing a student research project/final thesis.
Remuneration according to the general works agreement for employing assistant staff. In case of an internship, remuneration is according to the regulations of the federal goverment.
This vacancy is temporary and also available on a part-time Basis.
We value and promote the diversity of our employees‘ skills and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of age, gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, sexual orientation and identity.
With its focus on developing key technologies that are vital for the future and enabling the commercial utilization of this work by business and industry, Fraunhofer plays a central role in the innovation process. As a pioneer and catalyst for groundbreaking developments and scientific excellence, Fraunhofer helps shape society now and in the future.
How to apply: