Are you interested to work on cutting-edge cancer research, and investigating complex-chromosomal and other genomic phenomena in human carcinoma cells ? We are looking to hire a computational biologist to work on complex genome analyses (single-cell analyses, whole genome analyses) to detect, annotate and re-construct circular DNA for better understanding of the molecular trajectory of cancer development. We are a young, dynamic team with particular interest on molecular carcinogenesis in pancreatic adenocarcinoma. As clinician scientist (Berlin Institute of Health), we provide motivation and high commitment in supervision in areas around experimental oncology and surgery. Funded by the Else Kröner Fresenius Stiftung (EKFS), the position allows the applicant to pursue an academic qualification, while collaborating and networking with international experts on extrachromosomal circular DNA (Professor Dr. A. Henssen, Max-Delbrück Centre / Charité Berlin) and pancreatic carcinogenesis (Professor Laura Wood, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore/US).
- Completed studies (Master or equivalent) in bioinformatics or medical informatics.
- Versatile with R programming language (mandatory); programming skills in Python are a plus.
- Experience/knowledge in areas of genome/transciptome analysis and bioinformatic algorithms (e.g. cluster methods)
- Very good language skills in English. Good language skills in German is a plus.
- High-motivation and ability to work effectively both, independently as well as in teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Altogether good analytical skills to address complex pathobiological research questions.
- Experience with Slurm HPC Scheduler or similar is a plus
What we offer:
- Bioinformatic processing of genome-wide sequencing data (WGS, Nanopore, RNASeq, Single Cell Seq).
- Application of innovative tool for reconstruction of complex genomic aberrations (Amplicon Architect).
- Presentation and publication of research results.
- Interaction and close collaboration with research partners in Germany and worldwide.
How to apply:
Please send a brief cover letter and CV via email by March 31st to Dr. med. Matthäus Felsentein (email@example.com
). If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.